Friday, July 13, 2012

Pretty as a Peacock..

McCall's 6510  is a cute pattern that I picked up at some pattern sale...(What??? pay 15+ dollars for a pattern?? I think not!!) without really thinking what I would make it out of.  I have seen a lot of this style of top in RTW and wondered if I would like the style.   On a trip to SAS Fabrics one day, this peacock fabric caught my eye.  A close family friend of ours who has now has passed away raised peacocks, so every time I see this fabric, I think of her.

Still need a good shot of me in this top, but here is a link to the fabric.


Pattern Description: Flowy sheer pattern Pattern Sizing: Misses sizes Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes! better! Were the instructions easy to follow? yes, very, very, simple What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? finishing the edges was a little tricky..I used my serger to do a rolled hem Fabric Used: Pink Chiffon Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: none Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? yes, I have a maroon with white polka dots to do this.. Conclusion: I'd definitely make it again. It's very cool and comfortable. I hate doing markings though, so I kind of winged it on the side "seams" and next time I'll be a little more precise, and actually mark the fabric where the seam is supposed to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment