Friday, September 14, 2012

Glitz before six!! Vogue 1306, that is....

I was at Hancock one day over the summer with my husband and daughter, and for some reason this lightweight, gold knit caught my eye.    I checked the price on the end of the bolt, $1.97...and decided it was coming home with me.  

The fabric is some kind of nylon, lurex blend, and I've actually washed and dried it several times since I've made this top, and it washes just fine.   I wore it quote a bit this summer, and I finally remembered to get someone to snap a picture of me when I was headed out the door.   I wore it mostly with white pants, but since it's after Labor Day..(Gasp!!)  I paired it with a denim pencil skirt.

Isn't it funny how looking at a picture makes you re-evaluate the outfit?? I need a tan...

Anyhow..I liked this pattern, I think I cut the 20, and it's a little big, it doesn't quite hug my body like in the picture, so maybe I'd re-size if I made it again.  I like the drape of the soft gathers under the bustline, and the mullet hem (shorter in front, longer in back)  I opted to not hem this top at all, I felt like it would make a bulky line at the hem, and on the sleeves, I rolled them and tacked them up.  The v opening is nice, but the knit was a little slippery and I ended up making a little square placket to cover the end.

The fabric is sheer, hence the cami.  I might try this top again in a more stable knit, or maybe even a woven gauze type fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I like this! I have this pattern and I'm glad to see it made up- I'll be moving it up in the queue now!

    ReplyDelete