Thursday, September 20, 2012

Vogue 1027--Twirly Dress

Vogue 1027
I have had this piece of polyester matte jersey in my stash for awhile.

I had seen several reviews for this pattern on Pattern Review, and thought it might be cute.  The fabric doesn't have quite the amount of stretch that it probably should have for this pattern, but I think it turned out pretty good, considering.

This pattern went together REALLY, really quickly, and it was deemed "really cute" by my teenage daughter.

This pattern takes every inch of three yards, the skirt is cut on the bias, which I'm not sure it needs to be since it's a knit, but I think it helps with the flowiness of the pattern.  


I started cutting this out on Wednesday night around 5pm, and put it on and let it hang overnight by 9:30.  My kind of project.

I'll definitely sew it again, I would like to make one for my daughter, with about 10 inches removed from the length in a simple black knit with the appropriate amount of stretch, and I'd like to make another one for me in a black, just like this one, but again, with the 2 way stretch.

I'm really thinking of sewing through all of the DKNY Patterns, they seem to all work so well!


1 comment:

  1. This style and colouring really suit you! How good is it that teenage daughter gave you the tick of approval - that's when you know it really is a winner dress...

    ReplyDelete